Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Upcoming Events to Promote, Share, and Learn



I told my visitors and fellow writers, that I would announce some great events to promote and share our work. Maybe if you have children that love to read, I could hint at a place or two to share a day of quality time together. These are not all the events that are going on (September and October are jammed packed), but I promise to at least list three good ones when I get them. Please check links for exact times and locations.

Collingswood Book Festival 2012, October 6, 2012: Links to booksellers layouts, contests, open mics, food, Haiku Wall, and events: http://www.collingswoodbookfestival.com/index.php [for children and adults] I will be there promoting my new YA Novel, Tierney and the Trailblazers, Some old chapbooks, horror jewelry for halloween from SpinalCordz, and of course my baby, Philly Flash Inferno. Come support and chat. I will sign your goodies and handout goodies to the kids as usual (I am a pushover for kiddies). I will be sitting at the Stormwatch Comic Booth with the guy in the pic above, Proprietor and Finder of Lost Things, Bob Hoskins.

Philly Flash Inferno Monster Issue, September 14, 2012: My micro ezine created with the ongoing theme of The Seven Deadly Sins. Fall Issue is going to take Rage to the next level by spotlighting pics, artwork, and interviews that focus on zombies and mythical creatures. It will still be peppered with the other rings of The Inferno, and making Dante proud of this Italian poeta. Submissions of these things plus flash and poetry under 1000 words are ongoing and reviewed by me and (of course) Minos at:
Phillyflashinferno@gmail.com The site is found at: Phillyflashinferno.com, if you want to check out the smaller Summer Issue. I may be performing at open mic on September 14 or 21 TBA at a coffeehouse in Haddonfield, NJ, to kickstart and handout cards to promote upcoming readings of PFI contributors (Any writer friends that would be interested in sharing their work with me over a cup of cappuccino should give me a holla), but first, I must make friendly and prepare places of business, to see if we are a good fit with possible adult ramblings. *[journal rated PG and so are said potential readings]

Push to Publish, October 13, 2012: I will be attending this event as a student to promote one of the many finished books I have sitting in Electronic Limbo. If you are in the same situation or have something almost edited and finished and you can get it pristine by the date above, then pay your fee and register and introduce yourself to me that day. I have no pull whatsoever, but I will send some of my good juju and muse spirit your way. We are all in this together=) Here is the linkage:
http://www.philadelphiastories.org/push-publish-2012-strategies-and-techniques-get-your-work-print-and-online

Like I said, there is more to come, but I figure there was something for the family, something for the brain to chill out for a spell, and something for you, the writer, to suffer along with me. There is also comfort in numbers and shared misery and all of that mumbo...

Anyway, I took up enough of our writing time. Hope to see you there!

Best,
Catt

P.S. Your stuff is not going to publish itself. Sorry, had to say it again to make sure you don't give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment