Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Poetry at Rosemont College Reading Series Kickoff



Hello,
This week I come to you with another great event. It is the start of our Reading Series. Every month, Rosemont College, the school I attend for my MFA in Creative Writing, will showcase work from students, faculty, and other outside published authors. We have a little of everything lined up: poetry, nonfiction, and fiction. This great event takes place on the beautiful Rosemont Campus and is accessible by car, bus, train or plane (maybe some of those together). The date to remember this month is:

Wednesday, September 19th, 7 P.M., Main Building, Rosemont College, PA.



I will be the poet onboard and hopefully warming up the podium for some other wonderful mentors of mine such as: Liz Abrams-Morley, Cassandra Hirsch, and Ru Freeman.

I am lucky to somehow have scored a "Making the Personal-Fictional" class with Ru Freeman this semester. I am hoping it will give me enough insight to take a crazy travel writing, nonfiction, piece of mine, into a wonderful fictional thesis. Never too late to get the insight, practice, and jumpstart for that writing ball to get a' rolling and scoring.

So, if you are not doing anything major and need some time away from technological accessories, please come to the cool building on Rosemont Campus that looks like a castle and eat some cookies (we always have really big cookies). Oh, listen to my stuff too (while you're in a sugar coma). It makes my poetry sound EVEN better.
Thanks,
Catt
P.S. From Patco: Take the Regional Rail/Thorndale Line and get off at Rosemont. Go down the wooden steps (Do not walk under the tunnel, that is where you will go to return) Instead, walk straight to the first corner, make a left, and keep straight...you will see the campus. Main Building is directly in the center of the campus.

Photos by Catt Colborn, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment